Tuesday 28 April 2015

Running Free

Apologies for not uploading this on Sunday, this past weekend has been incredibly busy and I couldn't find the time to sit down and blog. However here I am, sitting back at my laptop, a few days late, trying to write the post I had intended to write on Sunday.


These photos were all taken the day Simmy and I went for a wander in the woods. We took so many lovely photos that day that I wanted to upload even more to the blogosphere. So here I am, a week later, posting even more photos of our lovely day.

“Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.” 
― Lemony Snicket

I have been thinking a lot about running lately. Not the physical act of moving away, but more the psychological aspect of leaving. 

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” 

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” 
― Haruki MurakamiWhat I Talk About When I Talk About Running

It's almost cliche now, to say that if something or someone is hurting you then just leave, but it's cliche because it's true. A short while ago I wrote a list of things that made me happy. I then wrote a list of things I have to do every day, for example homework, shower etc. The two lists were very different. The majority of what made me happy wasn't what I would do on a daily basis. So I decided to make a few adjustments, to include what makes me happy in my every day life, and to remove what doesn't make me happy. It's the idea of running free and doing what makes you happy. It's the idea of not being held back my commitments or things you hate doing. The idea is that to be happy, you have to do what you enjoy; which is why I have tried to incorporate more of what makes me happy into my daily life.


Useful links - 
Other Blog - Paint The Roses Red
Last week's post! - Paint The Roses Red

Where to fine me - 
For business inquiries:
painttherosesred123@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment