Sunday 14 June 2015

A Summer Reading List

'A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.'

Summer has raced towards us from over the horizon and I have books to be reading. However unfortunately I also have a not so excellent education to receive (cheers Gove) as well as exams to prepare for and instruments to play and concerts to rehearse for and a life to life. But fear ye not, because as soon as the summer holidays roll around I will be on it with the reading. 

In preparation for my delightful summer planned full of the written work and spilled ink, I thought I would share with you a few books that have made it onto my Summer Reading List this year.


Book numero uno: Bridget Jones by Helen Fielding
I'm aware this isn't the first book in the series but this is the only book of hers which I own a physical copy of. I'm hoping to fill my summery days with Bridget Jones this year, in the hope to learn from her mistakes as I will be too busy reading about them to make those mistakes myself.


The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
I've heard a lot of good things about this book but I've never given it a second thought until now. It has won the odd prize and has been nominated for quite a few thingameedoodahs so I suppose it's worth giving it a go.  

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I have owned this book for a good 6 months but I have been saving it for the summer as I seem to save all Rainbow Rowell's books for the summer. It has become a sort of tradition.. Last year I read Eleanor & Park which emotionally paralyzed me for at least a week and a half after I had finished reading, so I have very high expectations for Fangirl.


Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Again, I've owned this book for so long and I have heard so much about it but I just haven't gotten round to reading it! I really like the idea behind the plot; that all of a sudden everyone can hear everyone's thoughts and suddenly all privacy is swiped away, so I am really looking forward to giving this a go! 

All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Ally Carter, my love. I have just started reading this and I am currently on Chapter 5, however I am so busy at the moment that I have hardly any time to read! But as soon as exams are over I am going to strut my way to the library with this book in my hand and fall into the reality of Grace who lives on Embassy Row, because you know, she's the granddaughter of the American Ambassador; casual.


I also want to read the entire Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone this summer but I am going to by the eBooks so I don't end up bankrupt by July. I also have about 100 books I want to read on my Goodreads page, so I don't think I will be short of books to read for a little while! But if you have any book recommendations then please let me know because as you can probably tell, I love a good book!

'What an astonishing thing a book is. It's a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles. But one glance at it and you're inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, an author is speaking clearly and silently inside your head, directly to you. Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together two people who never knew each other, citizens of distant epochs. Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic.' - Carl Sagan

Useful links - 
Other Blog - Paint The Roses Red

Where to fine me - 
For business inquiries:
painttherosesred123@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment