Inspired by Sylvia Plath, I have made my own Back to School Commandments.
Back to School Commandments
1) The next 11 months will be hell, so stay cheerful at all costs. Negativity will NOT be tolerated.
2) Sleep lots, nap if necessary.
3) Just take things 30 seconds at a time.
4) Work stops at 9.00pm. After that, NO MORE!!!
5) Email and ask for extended deadlines if needed, but do not stress about deadlines - you don't even need to, you haven't missed a deadline in your entire life and it's unlikely you will now.
6) Exercise regularly... Or at least try to.
7) Plan revision realistically and adapt if need be. Switch things up every few weeks so as not to get bored of the same routine.
8) Try to attend all lessons, miss lunch if you need to, but try to get to every class.
9) Write more, just write everything down, and when you have no more to write, keep writing. Oh and try to read more too - always have a book on the go, and make time for reading and de-stressing!
10) Stay rested, stay hydrated, and stay cheerful; attitude is everything. Besides, there is a certain clinical satisfaction in seeing just how bad things can get.
p.s. This year is supposedly going to go quick, so just remember that it will soon be over and that your health is supposedly more important than your grades, even if you don't exactly agree with that, just try thinking it... xx Ellen
Useful Links -
Other Blog - Paint The Roses Red
Where to find me -
For business inquiries: