Friday 7 August 2015

Forgotten Creativity I A Lost Cause

I haven't been writing.
In January I started the 365k365day challenge. The idea is that everyday you write 1000 words; so that by the end of the year, you've written 365,000 words. When included into the daily routine, it creates a forced creativity. Even if what you write is rubbish, at least you're writing something. Even though I knew I could never write 1000 words a day, I liked the challenge's principle of writing daily.
Like I said, I haven't been writing... 

I haven't been reading.
In June I created my Summer Reading List. It's August now, and I haven't read any of those books. In fact, I still haven't finished reading the book I started in May! Last summer I read ten books.
Like I said, I haven't been reading.

I haven't been doing anything creative.
I like to make jewellery, I like to play the violin, I like to paint pretty nail art designs on fake nails, I like to read, I like to write, I like photography. Which of those things have I done this summer? None of them. My creativity has blown out the window, I don't have the will to do anything. Writing seems like an old pastime rather than a much needed form of self-expression. I still haven't read past chapter 17...

All I want to do is sit in bed all day, watching Netflix, avoiding human contact, escaping the real world. Forgetting that I have a summer to experience...

My thoughts are scrambled, as are my words. I have no short stories to publish, I have no books to review. What was supposed to be a summer full of creativity and new projects has morphed into something very bland. As I said to a friend the other day, I feel like stagnant pond water; doing nothing; with no true purpose...

I'm going to leave it there, I already feel as though I've said too much. But I want to leave you with this video I watched earlier, I like it and I think you will too. xx

Other Blog - Paint The Roses Red

Where to fine me - 
For business inquiries:
painttherosesred123@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment